Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And so it is...

There is a long list of things I can do for you:

  • Help you find your glasses
  • Pick up your groceries
  • Pick up your dry cleaning
  • Answer the phones
  • Drop off the check to pay your water
  • Cheer you on as you swim
  • Let you borrow 10 - 20 bucks here and there.
But there is a longer list of things I cannot do:
  • Buy you a beautiful home
  • Solve all your problems
  • Help you enough to decrease the stress I see weighing you down
  • Make sure you're wearing only the best and most stylish clothes at all times
  • Ensure you aren't working too hard
  • Make you happy.
My entire life has been accumulating this list of things I can and cannot do. Sometimes it kills me that certain things are on the list of things I cannot do.

No comments: